I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but I work for a wonderful company called Zend. If you are into web apps then you know them as the PHP Company.
While I’ve been on maternity leave, they just announced some interesting news about the PHP app community. They recently polled Zend Framework users and discovered that:
· More than 70%(!) of ZF developers are using it to build business-critical applications
· High level of satisfaction with ZF across a diverse group ranging from independent consultants to organizations with 5,000+ employees
· Approximately 27% of respondents said they now use Zend Server or Zend Server Community Edition during development
· Close to 70% of respondents said they use Zend Studio or Eclipse PDT for development
· 46% of respondents said they plan to sit for the Zend Framework Certification exam
I will be going back to work in a few months, and I don’t even want to think about how hard it will be for us to juggle 2 full time jobs and 2 kids who need and deserve special attention. I’m just grateful that Zend, as a company, has already supported me greatly during both my first, and now my second international adoption so I’m confident we will find a recipe that will work well for all. GO ZEND!